Monday, June 30, 2008

The 411 on One-to-One Computing

This article was very interesting. I guess deep down I am an old fashioned person. I just don't see the need to have kids carry all this hand help technology and have with them 24/7. Just stick with the good old PC that is plugged to the wall. I guess I feel this way because I see so many adults with their blackberries and palm pilots and they are addicted to those things. They don't know how to interact with humans because they are with machines all day long. I saw this special on 60 minutes on how Americans are overworking themselves thanks to technology. You can't even take a vacation or a honeymoon without someone from work being able to get a hold of you because you have a blackberry or iphone. I just don't see the need to start doing the same to our students. It will be their reality when they get out into the real world.

No comments: